Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekly Check-in

Okay, these are getting boring... but the good news is, boring is good!  I don't really have much going on, just coasting through the end of the 2nd trimester, praying to be unscathed. 

How far along? 23w3d, a papaya!
Weight gain/loss: +6
Sleep? Tossing and turning about once an hour :(
Best moment this week?  Being able to get around and DO things!

Movement: I can see it from the outside most of the time.  Daddy is still too impatient to wait a few minutes to feel it.  I think his feelings are hurt that he doesn't react as soon as he hears Daddy's voice. I have to remind him that baby is not a circus performer and he doesn't perform on demand.  There are moments of serious movement that are quite entertaining to watch!  Movement is also getting into a pattern - anytime I wake up in the middle of the night, he gets going, and when I'm up in the morning, I feel him going crazy.  Again around mid-morning, he has another strong one.  Things will get quiet for a few hours, then around dinner time, he goes again, then once more before going to sleep.  Pretty soon he's going to wake me up in the middle of the night!

Food cravings: Peanuts in shells, peanut butter, Reese's peanut butter cups, Peanut butter granola bars... can't get enough!
What I miss? Nothing really, it will all be worth it!
What I am looking forward to? Next ultrasound on December 7th
Milestones: His lungs are starting to grow and mature!
What I'm nervous about: Nothing right now!  I take that back, I'm nervous for the glucose tolerance test tomorrow..... :(

3 comments:

  1. Good luck at your glucose test tomorrow! I hope you pass with flying colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost 24 weeks! Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, now I want peanut butter toast. My GTT was super easy, and I'm a really picky eater so I was worried about the juice. I got the choice of flavor and brought a straw to help guzzle it down. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete