Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nursery Progress

I hate traditional nurseries for the most part.  I don't like the cookie cutter cutesy bed-in-a-bag packages they sell at BRU.  I don't like clutter or knick-knacks. I hate pastels.  I dislike ornate furniture.  We're not using crib bumpers or a bed skirt or a changing table.  I'm just buying stuff that we like as we go along.  I'm spending very very little - the splurgiest thing in his room right now is the Skip Hop Hare brush set for $25.00.  Everything else was either on clearance or half off.  All the furniture is from IKEA.  We are not painting the room, either.

Now that you know where I'm coming from, here are the pics so far.  Still have a LONG way to go, but it's fun to document where it started.

You can click on any photo to make it bigger!

To the left, 2 Billy bookcases (IKEA) and a Poang chair (IKEA) and in the forefront, a total photobomber (dog butt). Curtains are from Wal-Mart (hometrend?)  The pattern is called "Cascade."
Front view of bookcases and 2 dog butts


Wall decal that will possibly go above the crib.  I loved the colors;  Keith corrected me that it's a bass and not a guitar.  Oops.


The crib ensemble - the left is a sheet and the soft blankie on the right.  That's all.  I am getting some Miracle Crib sheets and a couple of extra white ones.  These were on clearance at BRU, paid less than $15 for both.



My splurge item for the twins - a Skip Hop Hare brush and comb set.  So stinkin' cute!



I'm big on books.  We have a decent starting point but I'm hoping to fill both bookcases!  Green dot storage box from Target, I plan on getting a couple more of these.








2 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to capture every moment you created your nursery, we are planning to decorate my baby girl's nursery next week too. Great I have gather few tips from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your nursery and I am so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete