Friday, September 3, 2010

9w6d u/s + Update

Unfortunately I don't have my pics with me right now, but I will post as soon as I can. Baby was punching and kicking their little arms and legs and we got to see the little nub that will turn into a boy or girl part. We both think it's a girl, so we'll see. H/she was measuring ahead at 10w2d!!!!!!

My sono appts have been so clinical, between the cyst on my ovary (turns out it was a corpus luteum and is shrinking) and looking at my cervix, this is the first sono that we got to see the baby for more than 15 seconds. My cervix was almost 5 cm, but from experience, we know it's made of mush, and the consistency is much more important than the length. It also turns out I have a slight previa. Grrr... But the placenta is posterior, so I will hopefully be able to feel baby MUCH sooner! At almost 18 weeks with the twins, I only felt bubbles and flutters, since I had placentas on the front AND the back wall of my uterus.

One thing that stung me deeply was seeing "Gravida: 2" on my chart. My first thought was, "that's my baby killing track record." Ugggh... I haven't been able to stop thinking about my boys since then. They will always be a part of this little one, which is good and bad. I don't want to hold this one to a standard that they have to take the place of 3 children... I know that's crazy, but darnit, I am just so crazy emotional right now.

Lastly, my surgery is less than a week away!!!!!  I can't believe it's gone this fast.

Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment