Monday, August 2, 2010

Step 2...done

Step 1 was the phone consult with Dr. Haney. Check!
Step 2 was sending off my insurance info. Check!

Here's what Aetna says.   I've lost 2 babies and the only thing that's going to work for me is this TAC.  I'm hoping and praying that it will be covered.  We've met our OOP limit for this year due to the $40k delivery/week in the hospital when I lost the twins, so best case scenario is that we pay nothing OOP.  Worst case is we pay a little, but I will fight that they pay the majority.  This can be a deal-killer for so many couples and that breaks my heart.  It shouldn't be about money.  I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: One month after surgery we received our Insurance Statement - we only owe $130 to Dr. Haney as a copay!!!!!!!!  SO exciting!  We would have made it work to pay ANY amount of money, but to have to pay so little is just amazing.  The surgery was $22,000.  Insurance negotiated it to $15k.  If you think about it, $15k is PENNIES to pay in relation to the cost of 8 weeks of NICU for a pre-term newborn, or another $40k preterm delivery.  Great job, Aetna!

1 comment: