Monday, August 30, 2010

Anxiety Setting In...

Don't get me wrong - I'm super happy about the hope this TAC surgery will give me.  I'm just having a case of the jitters, cold feet, whatever you want to call it.  I will be flying exactly 870 miles each way from home to IND, and driving 370 miles each way from Indy to Chicago.  I'll be checking into a hospital, having tons of needles in my body, having my stomach cut open, and my cervix banded tightly.  I'll be sewn back up and left to recover. 

The reality of the surgery is setting in!!!!!!!  It's always felt like so far away, now here we are almost a week away.  I have very short moments where I'm almost scared enough to call it quits and just drive to my OB and get the transvaginal cerclage, but no WAY am I going to give up like that.

I want this, and I know it will be worth it in the end.  When I look back in a few years, it will just be a blip on the radar.  One thing at a time...

1 comment: