Friday, July 23, 2010

We are cautiously expecting again!

After losing our twin boys Jonah and Noah at 18 weeks, we decided to start trying again as soon as we were cleared.  My OB wanted us to wait only 1 cycle, and we conceived 5 months after losing the twins, on our 2nd Follistim/IUI cycle.

K wanted to take pictures of all the lined up tests for whatever odd reason.  I don't think he believed me when I said it was positive!  Normally he doesn't like me to test at home; he'd rather I wait for bloodwork at the RE office. 

IUI - July 8, 2010 - 2 large follicles (23mm and 19mm)
Tested @ home - faint positive at 9 dpo (July 17), strong positive at 10 dpo (July 18)

beta #1 @ 12 dpo (July 20) - 139
beta #2 @ 14 dpo (July 22) - 231
beta #3 @ 16 dpo (July 24) - 464

Our first ultrasound should be in a couple of weeks (at 6 weeks) and we'll know how many little buggers are in there!  I had two pretty large follicles, so my guess is twins again - K is terrified that there are triplets in there.  Now we wait...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I am looking forward to following your newest journey. :)

    ReplyDelete